Staying up late has a myriad of negative effects on the body. But there are times when some people are forced to stay up late because of the demands of work, activities on campus, or school work.
The human body is designed for daytime activities and resting at night. Because of this, cutting sleep time staying up late certainly has a negative impact on health. If you really have to stay up late, see 7 tips on staying healthy below, let’s!
1. Before staying up, steal time to take a nap for 15-20 minutes. This sleep time savings will help your body adjust the cycle of staying up late
From sleepfoundation When you know when to stay up, it’s better to save some sleep first, just 15-20 minutes is enough. When you wake up later, you are in the early stages of the sleep cycle (not yet sleeping soundly) which makes the body more refreshed to welcome the time of the night.
2. Internal human body is very sensitive to bright light. Avoid dim lights and turn on the lights as brightly as possible when staying up late
Dark light will stimulate the production of the hormone melatonin which makes us sleepy fast. So, turn on the lights as bright as possible to trick the body. With bright light, the body will think it’s not time to sleep.
3. Don’t drink more than two cups of coffee because it can cause loss of focus
It is said that coffee can help both eyes stay awake. However, if coffee is drunk more than two glasses, instead of increasing concentration, coffee actually makes you lose focus. The trick to this problem is drinking coffee during the day before staying up late.
4. Avoid consuming high carbohydrate foods, better replace it with high protein snacks
You really need food intake to stay energized when staying up late. Avoid heavy eating and replace it with snacks that are high in protein, don’t make a lot of sugar because it actually makes you drowsy fast. You can snack on fruits, nuts, or yogurt.
5. Frequently move when staying up late. Performing this small activity can restore focus when staying up late
Frequently move or do light stretches when staying up late. If possible, do sit-ups, push-ups or take a walk. A minimum walk of 10 minutes can increase energy for the next two hours while working.
6. Adjust the room temperature at 22-23 degrees. The temperature is too hot to make you get tired quickly and eventually sleepy
Room temperature is an important factor when staying up late. The most appropriate temperature for sleeping asleep is 18-20 degrees Celsius. To stay awake, adjust the room temperature so that it is not too cold and not too hot.
7. Never drink energy drinks. Better to be replaced with lots of water
Drinking energy-enhancing drinks when staying up late can endanger the body, because early morning is the time for the body to detox. When you drink energy drinks, your kidneys work harder. You might experience kidney failure lo!
Even so, do not make staying up as a daily routine. However, staying up late is not good and you must keep tabbayun